Sustainability and certifications
From our suppliers, each product is carefully manufactured and designed and tested to ensure a high quality end product.
Made from the best raw materials.
The products have been certified according to OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification Class I (This product class contains products for babies and has the strictest requirements and limit values)
GOTS-certified (Global Organic Textile Standard) is an international label for clothing and textiles that covers both social and environmental requirements. GOTS aims to make it easier for the consumer to choose textile products where a holistic perspective has been taken into account, taking into account both environmental and social responsibility throughout the chain. The chain includes several steps; cultivation, picking, preparation and manufacturing of the garment itself. Organic fibers are natural fibers grown without the use of synthetic pesticides, insecticides or herbicides and GMOs (genetically modified organisms) according to the principles of organic farming. Organic farming is a production process that maintains the health of ecosystems, the earth and people.
Made in a factory with sustainable, fair working and production conditions.
Mulesing free merino wool products - Mulesing is a procedure performed on merino sheep to prevent fly infestation, as their folded skin is prone to infestation. The procedure involves scalping the rear of the sheep, which is a painful procedure that is often performed without anesthesia and is very traumatic. Mulesing-free merino wool means that this method has not been used on the sheep from which the wool comes. Our producers ONLY use mulesing-free merino wool.
What criteria and environmental considerations does the GOTS certification set?
- Organic farming: There are two levels; a product bearing the GOTS mark with the level 'organic' must contain at least 95% certified organic fibre. A textile product with the label 'made with organic' must contain at least 70% organic fiber raw material.
- Fertilizer: Not allowed
- Chemical pesticides: Not allowed
- GMO: Banned at all stages
- Bleaching: Chlorine bleaching is not allowed
- Water use: Water treatment plant is mandatory. Operators must also have a policy to minimize waste products.
- Control of chemical use in manufacturing: Yes
- It is forbidden to use above a certain limit value of toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, bleaching agents, aromatic solvents.
- The finished textile products must not contain any substances harmful to health.
- GMO is prohibited.
- ILO core conventions must be followed.
- Safe working environment: Workers receive regular health and safety training. There are rules for a safe and hygienic workplace.
- One must apply minimum price to cover production or living wage.
- Requirements for wear, color washing and lightfastness of the product: Yes
- Independent checks are made. Certifying bodies must be approved auditors according to ISO 65.
- Checks take place annually (revision)