Soda Crystals, 1kg
Soda crystals (Sodium carbonate), also known as washing soda, are a versatile and effective cleaning product that can be used for a variety of household tasks. They are a natural and biodegradable alternative to many harsh chemical cleaners, and they are also very affordable.
Soda crystals are made from sodium carbonate, which is a white, odorless, and alkaline substance. When dissolved in water, soda crystals form a cleaning solution that is effective at removing grease, dirt, and grime. Soda crystals can also be used to soften water and brighten clothes.
We recommend the following ratios:
- Mild: 20g per 500ml of water
- Regular: 100g per 500ml of water
- Strong: 200g per 500ml of water
Tips on using soda crystals
- Laundry: Add 100 g of soda crystals to your laundry load to boost the cleaning power of your detergent and soften the water.
- Remove Stains from Clothes: Prepare a strong (200g per 500ml) soda crystal solution and soak stained garments for an hour before washing as usual.
- Restore Softness to Towels: If your towels have lost their fluffiness due to limescale and detergent buildup, revive them by soaking them in a medium-strength soda crystal solution. Rinse thoroughly, then wash them with half a cup of white vinegar in the fabric conditioner drawer for an extra touch of softness.
- Dishes: Add 50g of soda crystals to your dishwasher to boost the cleaning power of your detergent and remove tough food residue. You can also use soda crystals to clean your dishwasher by running a cycle with 200g of soda crystals and no dishes.
- Drains: Pour 200g of soda crystals down your drain followed by a kettle of boiling water. This will help to remove grease and debris and keep your drains clear.
- Prevent Clogged Drains: Regularly pour 200g of soda crystals down your sinks, followed by hot water, to break down and prevent blockages. Soda crystals are safe for septic tanks.
- Ovens and stoves: Mix equal parts soda crystals and water to form a paste. Apply the paste to the oven or stove and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing.
- Other cleaning tasks: Soda crystals can also be used to clean a variety of other surfaces, including floors, walls, and tiles. Simply dissolve 50g of soda crystals in 4 liter of water and use it to mop or wipe down the surfaces you want to clean.
- Eliminate Moss and Algae: Sprinkle soda crystals directly onto moss and algae patches on patios and paths. Dampen them with a watering can and leave for a day or two until the moss turns brown, then brush off and rinse thoroughly.
Soda crystals are a versatile and effective cleaning product that can be used for a variety of household tasks. They are a natural and biodegradable alternative to many harsh chemical cleaners, and they are also very affordable. With a few simple tips, you can use soda crystals to keep your home clean and fresh without resorting to harsh chemicals.